Critical Contigencies

Kryptonite

Water, for most

What do we revolve around?

The most important things

are people

We boil down to sappy, loving, beings

Unless we've been hurt... those silly, vulnerable moments

become currency

Tradable...

No cash value

 

For some, their bodies

Others, their devotion, faith in a greater ______

(Please be advised, there is no smoking in heaven)

All the little things, the small moments of love... or that which cripples us

The smells that reside in the oldest parts of our brain

The flash of a moment passed, a catch of the breath

That is what will matter

That is what matters

What matters most to you? And, how do you use it?

As a weapon? A tool? An emotional or metaphorical bridge? Something to protect, or grow?

 

Oh, wait for it - this is the personal touch. The moment where I allow my truest self to come through

To speak to you

In a moment

Of vulnerability

and love

I love, but I have been hurt. Most recently my best friend of 15 years dumped me. 

Do I use my love as a weapon? Do I withhold, or challenge?

I thought of myself as a good friend...

 

Our truths cannot be and are not the only truths. Some things have to be fact, science is a blessing...

But perspective and vision are fallible. I likely failed, likely failed in many ways. I don't think I'll ever know, and it doesn't matter.

Thus, my question... what do you revolve around? Your identity? Someone else's identity? A purpose, a job, a career, a vocation... what is your raison d'etre? Your reason for life, reason to live. To breathe. 

For me, it's the thought that my girls will take me flawed, they need me, and I want to be here. For them. For me, it's also the love I have for my partner. His love, his sweetness, his manliness, are all a welcome balm to my injured heartsoul.

If I may, I wish to you a genuine joy and and love for yourselves, your concentric circles of family, friends, co-workers, etc., love for all. We are all.

 

My grandfather and second cousin.


Comments

Popular

Clean up on Aisle Earth

Detritus: Death on Earth: nanonovel1

Siren's call