FLIGHT

Truth like wings
Stretching, creating pressure
Beating, flapping, gaining speed
A rhythm in the flight
Coming clean, the weight sloughs off
The stride becomes easier
The walk becomes a jog, the jog a run
Running full speed into flight
Leaping and catching the wind
My heart beating the rhythm of my freedom
Until everything stops. A Quiet falls.
I approach the crossroads
Am forced to watch the story of my life
Each decision, flashing bright like an old photo carrousel.
Pain flashing in reds, joy flashing in bright blue
The faces of those I’ve hurt burn bright
The roads I’ve taken through greed, lust, laziness, weakness, create a dark map
My choices glare
The faces are pained
Then everything stops
I am left in the quiet once again
The crossroads
To be free, I must leave the past behind
I beg forgiveness

I turn and walk away

There is no going back to undo the painful knot of lies and selfishness. I can only clean up what I can of the debris I created, and then leave.

That is the price I must pay.

Truth is not a shield, it’s a path you must choose to keep walking. The decisions to stray starts innocently, but it’s easy to get lost. I was lost, and I’m finding my way, only I have to find it on my own so I don’t hurt anyone anymore.



Comments

Popular

Clean up on Aisle Earth

Detritus: Death on Earth: nanonovel1

Siren's call