Unknown Tie-in (Poem)

 

image credit, ChatGPT

I hope I don't disappoint 

I've never been one to be that on point

Nor one to rhyme,

It seemed so... benign

Yet here I am in all my lazy glory

Ready to spin a yarn y'all deem worthy

Some artists carve, paint, or make pots

Some athletes make what look like easy 3-point shots

I am neither

Unless you count two vaginal births

I mean, I am a mother

Creation comes in so many forms

Children are not the least

though some false narratives are norms

When are you thought to be a master

Or is that a term we've all learned

to not only endure, but plaster

I am master of none

Under the thumb of no one

Am I a siren or a pirate about to succumb

Each step is a cautionary tale

Are we in heaven 

or are we in _


My favorite poets as a child

Edgar, Sylvia, E.E., were weird, and morbid

I embraced the blanks and tried

To embrace my own path... 

Poe, Cummings... Haley

They guided and me and laid a Plath 

Comments

Popular

Clean up on Aisle Earth

Detritus: Death on Earth: nanonovel1

Siren's call